Thursday, July 26, 2007

Communication and Sketching Ideas

Phill and I decided early on that this space would be where we could explore things that we're working on and stay motivated with our projects. For Phill--correct me if I'm wrong--this consists of bringing people together in this sort of online community and also in bringing shots from his life and his eyes to all the rest of us. My wording sounds a little bloated with significance, but you get the idea. For me this is a place where I can throw out poems I'm working on to both keep myself writing consistently and also to see and hear what others might think about them. Thanks to those of you who have discussed anything you've seen on the blog with me. That's cool. Now, I encourage you to comment and also to let me know which of the poems or ideas you think don't work or think need some re-working. Hearing that things look nice is a nice thing, but isn't necessarily always the most productive. It's funny... so many people have said they read or saw something on winksandhandshakes and had an interesting thought of some sort about it. Great! We want to hear that shit.

Right... and I'm also moving to Los Angeles so then you want have the opportunity of telling me in person that you thought Jessica's comment on "Writing John a Letter" was super duper wack. Thanks for that though.

Ok. Love you all. Oh, and BBQ on Saturday at mine and Earl and Ben's place at around 5PM. I'm bouncing on Sunday.

And Phill- In case I forget to mention it, can you change the settings so that when a viewer clicks on a link it will open in a new tab or window? And can you add madbikepolo.org to the things we like? Oh, and the pics look great.

2 comments:

phill said...

feedback and comments would be much appreciated. i would love for this to be a forum where constructive criticism is harbored [even if it.s some cold ass shit]. you like something? speak up and let us know why. we may have created something inspired based on something completely different than how you might have received it. and we.d love to know. and even if you just felt like "it.s nice"...well that.s cool too! more to say but i can add to this later.

jared:

first off, the links have been updated with MadBikePolo and just send me an email or whatever to lemme know what you.d like for me to add.

second, the pop up/new tab deal requires some specific coding since blogger doesn.t offer that...so i.ll get back to you on that.

Anonymous said...

Phill, just add the attribute target="_blank" to links in order to generate a new window. New tab vs new window is set on the user end.

- Evan