Monday, October 22, 2007

good ol l.a. public transit...

an email to the los angeles metro system:

I'm filing an official complaint against the driver of bus 5076 at
approximately 4:35 PM on October 22nd.

The following is a synopsis of the events which I am publishing on my
blog and making extremely clear to everyone I can possibly spread the
information to:


"ten minutes ago i was riding my bike within half a mile of home when
bus 5076 of the los angeles metro public transit pinched me into the
curb after honking at me. i was riding as far right as i could on
washington boulevard, which at that block consists of three lanes
going each direction. the other two lanes were entirely free, yet the
busdriver honked at me (an unnecesary and startling action) and then
literally inched around me and pulled his front end to the curb
without loading or unloading any passengers. i rode around the bus to
the left and pulled up to his window (which was open) and grabbed the
side of the bus while remaining seated on my bike and attempting to
speak to the busdriver.

"didn't you see me??!" i said.

i was ignored, so i tried again, "excuse me?! you obviously saw me
because you honked. i was in my lane of traffic. what you just did was
illegal!"

finally he turned to me and said, "what are you doing in that lane?
you don't belong there."

the light changed and i rode in front of the bus in the rightmost lane
while he tailed immediately behind me and then sped up to pass me,
only to pinch me to the curb once again at the corner of washington
and 6th avenue. this block was my street to turn left on so i went
around him once again and yelled that i'd be reporting him and he
yelled "you're lucky you're not dead.""


Your busdriver could and should be cited for reckless behavior and
attempted assault with a deadly weapon. This behavior is
unnacceptable.

Sincerely,

---------



ugh.... thanks, bus number 5076 driver between arlington and 6th ave on washington boulevard at 4:33 pm on october, 22nd. thanks for increasing my already cynical view of angeleno drivers.

No comments: