Thursday, June 14, 2007

Promiscuous

Promiscuous


I.
Was pleased with a conversation last night
a talk about the place
of poetry the role
of the writer context promiscuous
identification is a term I told
you about and we discussed that
disclaimer I gave you prior to
reading some of my pieces not
too long ago and was mildly obsessed
with this new thing happening
suddenly now I’m showing more
immediately the little
things and I’m sort of concerned
with what that will do a new
thought of myself as this gathering tool
bringing in a new angle moments
of reflection and so on
and you said something
about the objectivity of a work once
it’s been produced how it’s there
and done and
my responsibility as writer is partially
removed suspended but who really
knows about that and maybe why
we really choose to believe some
things is just to help us get along
getting along not quite fine but
along nevertheless I’m on we
like what we need to still
repetitious been swallowing me
a bit.

II.
I’m trying to tell you it’s
ok because I don’t know what else
there is. I don’t have
much of a grasp here
so I’d tell you to take
it back a bit take it down
but don’t think I could lead
by example we like what we need
to like what we need to
to remind you to look
out for the beneaths
understand the momentum
keep eyes partially on
the watch for those looks
at yourself in mirrors
in clean windows
while strolling
instances where you start
start to feel apart
if those looks of your own
bear you down
then you’ll know
and I know that too
so I’ll be there to
look hug to you.

No comments: