Thursday, December 27, 2007

Two Stripes

Two Stripes Were Minding Their Business…
and then a plaid accident.


our likelihoods crossed paths and
I tucked
tucked
tucked
and rolled
and when I arose tot tot
tot tot
frogs bit against the pink
tin bottoms of rabbits
and a chorus of harps laid loose
and laid claim
the frogs blossomed and their petals clapped
clap clap clap
and I snip
cut a ringlet from my dangling hangling
curls
to barter for a high five bam and I said ‘yeah’
with excitement and was so excited
snap snap
clip clip
yay yay
but all the baby whua whua blue in the high sky
got mad and all started whining whining whining sprink whine sprinkling and they seemed oh so sad oh so sad with an !
pop
and they clumped together, all the baby blues, and their mothers above them in the sky
shook their scarlet fingers in shame
while the frogs finished their tin snacks
and the sun began to shine.

© 2007, Jared Linzmeier

No comments: